“Twitter” is one of the most vibrant “new media” Sales and Marketing channels available today
Twitter: What’s in a Name and the Perception it Creates?
- Webster’s defines the word “Twitter”as “to talk in a ‘chattering’ fashion” or “to utter successive chirping noises”
- “Twitter” the name creates a perception of a social network that is more toy than major business tool
- Twitter’s micro-blogging platform of short 140 text like messages lends the perception it is designed for Gen Y Millennials
- Twitter’s micro-blogging platform of short 140 character messages lends the perception it does not provide enough space for detailed communications
- Twitter’s micro-blogging platform lends to the perception that it is ultra fast which in turn creates the perception that it is more frivolous communications than relevant business communications tool