Twitter’s Favorites section is a fantastic repository for you to save valuable research links, commentary from people you follow, proof that your efforts are working, or as a space to hold all relevant testimonials for your product or service. With all of this value that the Favorites section has to offer there is a dark side– a very dark side.
Beware of these Favorites Problems
- Favorites can not be hidden or locked
- Favorites can be accessed by the public like your tweets
- Favorites can be mined and scrutinized by your competitors
- Favorites can, if you favorite the “right” information, give your competition hints to your future plans
- Favorites can showcase your prospects or current customers
- Favorites can reveal the types of research you are examining
Until Twitter provides privacy or a locking option for your Favorites section, beware that what you place there can be used to evaluate your efforts.