One of the most effective marketing professionals happens to be a nationally recognized hyper local blogger by the name of John Harper aka theharperteam.com. One of John’s strategies is to utilize Press Releases to maximize the reach and viral power of his web-blog site. John utilizes a site called I-newswire.com. The following tip provides benefits to any small business, entrepreneur, organization, non profit, charity, public relations officer, or giant corporation.
What is I-Newswire.com?
I-Newswire is press release aggregator. Simply put they allow you to write a press release on almost any subject, submit your release to their network, and then push your message out to a vast network of media websites around the globe
Note: A good press release IS NOT a sales pitch for you, a listing of a property, or something that sounds like a self serving message. Like the blogoshpere, the tone of a press release needs to be valuable, informative, relevant
What Are The Benefits?
1. I-Newswire.com: press releases are seen on hundreds of news websites such as PressRadar.com.
According to I-Newswire.com:
“We are not able to track the exact reach because most of the outlets obtain our releases automatically using our XML feed at http://www.i-newswire.com/xml.php. In addition, your press release is hosted as a webpage on our site, and will be indexed by search engines such as Google and Yahoo, giving you additional exposure.
2. Journalist and Editors: these are the people who visit I-Newswire on a daily basis looking for newsworthy information.
3. Exposure: I-newswire.com has an Alexa.com ranking of 72,434 worldwide. Similarly ranked sites have in excess of 3,000 visitors per day and 20,000 pages views per week–that’s power
4. Press Release Writers: a best of breed listing of press release writers are available if you are not confident in your ability to produce your own. To acces this go to data bank pr-firms on the site
This strategy is all about bringing readers to your website or blog. One of the best methods to bring fresh new readership is to make news yourself, report breaking news, or report breaking news (news that happened within a day or two) with your analysis and solution
You are a realtor specializing in foreclosures. Your area is full of foreclosures and a Nationally syndicated news agencies writes a story on the state of foreclosures and investors waiting in the wings.
1. Take this article and make an aggressive headline announcement. Ex- “Foreclosure Market Saving Realtor Jobs.”
2. Write a short succinct few sentences about the core message of the media article
3. Use your succinct few sentences on the media article as the lead-in to how Realtor jobs are being saved by the added business that investors represent in your market
4. Offer a free pdf or podcast that provides a market report for your city or region’s foreclosure market and describe your free giveaway as a tool for investors or Realtors from other regions
5. Point readers to your website or blog in order to receive their free pdf or podcast “bonus”
Small business owners are discovering that they can write multiple press releases about current events that relate to their niche or speciality. They then can leverage their knowledge, free information, or bonus as a method to give readers added value while bringing awareness to their website-blog.