“Nothing endures but change” Heraclitus Greek philosopher
Social networking sites like linkedin, myspace, facebook, and plaxo utilize viral loop or viral networking in order to grow traffic to your site. The problem for Realtors and affiliates is that these sites are either targeted to the wrong audience, myspace.com, or they are flat with limited features bloggers enjoy on their blogs.
Ning.com is changing the social networking landscape. Ning allows users, for free, to set up their own “social network.” The treasure trove of Ning features and benefits:
1. Create a full Social Network, for free, that you customize and brand as your own
2. Invite members, meet new people, network within or outside your business niche
3. Full message center with address book importing from Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and Hotmail.
4. Customizable profile pages.
5. Photo slideshows, video players, music players, and network badges, that can be embeded anywhere on the Internet, seamlessly funneling new people to your network.
6. RSS feeds of your network’s features, such as members, discussions, photos, videos, music/podcasts, and blog posts.
7. Members can set different privacy settings for every photo, video, group, or blog post they contribute.
1. Add your own logo, branding, and visual design to make your network unique
2. Choose from a variety of themes and customize them to make them your own
3. Make your network public or private
4. Customize the appearance of your branded photo slideshow, video player, music/podcast player widgets and network badges
5. Customize the profile questions your network asks when members join. Make questions private, so that the answers are only viewable by you and your Network Administrators
6. Enable “one-click” Facebook Promotion so your members can add photo slideshows, video players, and music/podcasts from your network seamlessly into Facebook
7. Choose to moderate photos and videos before they are posted
8. Choose from a set of supported languages (English, Chinese, Dutch, French, Portuguese, Spanish) or translate your social network into any unsupported language by changing one file in the code
1. Start and tag a discussion
2. Add discussion posts and reply to those posts
3. Organize discussions by categories
4. Click through the personal profile pages of other members engaged in the discussion
5. View all discussions across your social network
1. Enable members of your network to create groups
2. Enable members of your network to make groups public or private
3. Add group descriptions, images, discussions, and members