Some people, even if we have never met them, seem to be people we could be friends with if we had the opportunity. Martin Luther King Jr. is just such a man. If I could have any 3 people at a table for dinner, Dr. King would get one of my seats.
Martin Luther King, a doctor, a pastor, a leader, a man of passionate idealism and faith. Where ever you are in the world today, try to remember what once was- a man bridging the gap of social injustice while setting an example of non violent resistance. If words are the pillars to our actions, then Dr. King built a castle to freedom.
Remember What Made Him Great
- “All men are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality.“
- “Faith is taking the first step, even when you don’t see the whole staircase.“
- “Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.“
- “Let no man pull you low enough to hate him.“
- “Segregation is the adultery of an illicit intercourse between injustice and immorality.“
- “We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.“
- “When you are right you cannot be too radical; when you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative.“
- “All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face with another problem.“
- “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.“
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.“