Dustin Wax of Lifehack
An Italian blogger in Torino, Italy, who subscribes to deansguide because he thinks we may be related (joke), sent me a link to his bookmark (digg) “10 Skills of Life You Need To Succeed at Almost Anything.” The original blogger? The mighty and powerful lifehack’s Dustin Wax.
This is the reason why I love to blog. It is the most important business and social networking task I perform daily?. Here is a perfect example of 6 degrees of separation.
A big thank you goes to my “friend” from Italy who found me on my blog directory Mybloglog. The other big thank you goes to Dustin for compiling a great list; I am proud to say that #1, #2, #4, #5, #8 have been constant themes I write about here on AR: Public Speaking, Writing, Networking, Critical Thinking, and Research
Here are Dustin’s list and my list. What would your 10 Skills list include?
10 Skills You Need To Succeed at Almost Anything according to Dustin Wax
1. Public Speaking
3. Self Management
5. Critical Thinking
6. Decision Making
10. Basic Accounting
10 Skills You Need To Succeed at Almost Anything according to Dean
1. Writing: Competent writing skills are the #1 sought after skill over looked in today’s educational system
2. Public Speaking: This is the differentiating factor that can push you over the top
3. Timing: There are opportune and inopportune times; it’s the people that know when who have an advantage
4. Networking: It’s not who you know but who knows you according to Jeffrey Gitomer
5. Listening: This is an ignored skill that gives you the most information. Our society is all about being heard but if you watch the Godfather–he rarely speaks but he always listens!
6. Research: Do it well and it becomes a tool to educate you
7. Brainstorming: Ideas are commodities. If you don’t stretch your imagination you lose your sense of attaining the impossible
8. Giving: Give first, give often, and give value
9. Time Management: You can’t buy it and you can’t get it back so use it wisely!
10. Athletics: I have made friends, stayed in shape, and been recognized for the sports I enjoy participating in and watching