Reuters.com published this deansguide article October 21, 2008
FoxBusiness.com published this deansguide article October 21, 2008
The newest and most exciting strategy for Realtors who do not want to blog, refuse to blog, or feel they will never be able to handle the work schedule of a blogger have an alternative: leveraging Social Media sites. The #1 tool for exposure in Web 2.0 and for your business is establishing your writing platform via a blog. Yet the barrier to entry is often too high for people who don’t wish to keep up with the technology curve, research curve, avalanche of reading, and writing articles.
Social Media sites provide Realtors with the ability to create a strategy where you connect your profiles, writing, and media together within the system. This method provides added exposure, helps to create a persona, produces lead generation opportunities, and allows you to network on a global scale.
Strategies for twitter.com
This is one of the best site to utilize in my personal branding, my system of delivering my message, and my quest to create my differentiating factor:
1. Create: A succinct profile aka bio. This is your billboard and what attracts people to follow you if they have never read one of your “tweets.”
2. Follow people: Go to your most trusted twitter connection and “mine” their “following” list located on the right sidebar. This is exactly like mining a blogroll on a popular blog
3. People Search: Perform a people search and follow people in your industry
4. Company Search: Perform a company search and follow companies that are in your industry, competitors, niches that work with your niche
5. Direct Message: Send a direct message to someone you wish to connect with on twitter. Offer value, ask for feedback, provide your feedback, interact and collaborate
6. twitter Blog: Read the twitter blog for more tips and strategies
Free, sound bite sized at 140 characters, broadcasting messages sent real time with impact. In addition twitter is fast becoming one of the most powerful search engine optimized sites on the internet. Utilize twitter as one site to help defend your reputation while locking up the top 20 positions on a Google search of your name.