This just in from the Department of Justice and one of our train wreck friends Elizabeth, Ed Okun’s bond hearing scheduled for today (April 29) was canceled. The new date for Okun’s bond hearing is Friday May 9 at 2pm. The reason for the postponement? Okun’s appointed public defender asked for the postponement so your guess is as good as mine: preparation issues?
How do you represent a criminal like Okun to a court of law in hopes of gaining his freedom-even if it is a short lived freedom?
Here are the challenges Okun’s attorney faces
1. Ed is reportedly flat broke
2. Ed may have hidden funds offshore
3. Ed is definitely a flight risk
4. Ed has embezzled, without recovery to victims, at least $132million
5. Ed’s credibility and word are worthless
Against All Odds: Cases That Attorneys Represented the “Unrepresentable”
1. The OJ Case–Simpson walked to the amazement of the world
2. The “Nightstalker”— Richard Ramirez sits on death row the best he could have ever gotten
3. Polly Klaus—Richard Allen Davis how could anyone represent this piece of _hit?
4. Scott Peterson–Did anyone and I mean anyone ever believe this punk?
5. Rodney King’s Cops–just change the venue and everything goes bye-bye