The days of displaying your resume in local newspaper want ads, employment sections, and even the online venues are beginning to change. With the power of Web 2.0 networking, real world networking meetings for people in transition have taken on a new role: channel to employment.
The most powerful, networking meeting for people out of work, looking to change, transition from industries, or human resource-organizational development recruiters is the CSIX Connect Group.
CSIX networking meetings are every Tuesday 10:30-1:00pm, include lunch, and are held at iRestaurant at 20007 Stevens Creek Blvd in Cupertino. The cost is an amazingly economical $12.
CSIX Meeting Format
The crowd of 25 was split between 3 tables of 8 attendees. The meeting begins with a short introduction of new attendees. Job leads anyone has are then presented. Then in what is a simple but a brilliant idea, each attendee is given the opportunity to ask for a “contact request.” Simply put if anyone has a connection within a company that somebody else is trying to connect with they are asked to provide a warm contact. In my 5 years of networking meetings, I have never seen any group or organization utilize this strategy. It is brilliant and very powerful! After this initial business is completed, a second 15 minute networking break is taken so that you can mingle with people at other tables aka part 2 below.
1. New member introductions, job leads, contact requests, and announcements
2. Networking-15 minute break to network with members not at your table
3. Speaker’s presentation followed by lunch 12:00
After having the chance to learn important information from that meetings guest speaker, the reinforcing of networking breaks and opportunities is really solidified over lunch. The final hour to hour and a half are spent getting to know people networking over lunch.
You really get a chance to hear a person’s story, find out their substance factor, and then assist them in finding what they are looking to achieve. The 3 chances to network make this, easily, the most powerful networking format I have every experienced.
Attendees With Expertise
1. Linda Alejandro-Dumont-Linda has 10+ years Human Resources and Organizational Development experience in a large well known Silicon Valley firm. Email Linda at email@example.com
2. Ken Weidner-Ken has 10+ years as a credit analyst in Silicon Valley. His experience would be a benefit to any firm looking for proven expertise. Email Ken at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Bill Cascoyne-Bill is an engaging and well versed technical trainer. He has the personality to capture an audience and the intelligence to be considered an expert amongst a room of experts. Email Bill at email@example.com
4. Rebecca Kieler-Rebecca gave a very practical and thought provoking speech. Her delivery engaged the audience and she is a solid choice to perform keynote or workshop duties. Email Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Oliver Barrett-Oliver has experience and substance factor as a Electro-Optical Test Engineer. He has 10+ years design/development experience, electronic and optical instrument programming, and test software methodology development. Email Oliver at email@example.com
6. Barbod Varjavandi– Barbod’s experience is software engineering including engineering operations, product management, release engineering, and information technology. Barbod has the technical background and positive personality to provide leadership and value to any team. Email Barbod at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Nobuko Isomata– Nobuko is easily one of the most intelligent and charismatic individuals you could hope to meet. The owner of Market Entry Experts, www.marketentryexperts.com, Nobuko is a dynamic sales and business development expert. Market Entry Experts handles all aspects of transpacific market development. Whether you are an American Company looking to develop the Japanese market, or a Japanese company looking to develop the U.S. market–Nobuko and her team can handle the job.
Email Nobuko at email@example.com
I met another 5 people who I apologize to for not including them in this piece. This is a testament to the power of the CSIX platform, the willingness of it’s participants to share their stories, and the complete cooperation from attendees to help everyone who asks for assistance.
A truly remarkable experience. I highly recommend this group to anyone in transition, connected to the employment field, or any professional wishing to increase their connections in Silicon Valley