Hashtag events on Twitter like #FollowFriday and niche hashtag events have provided participants with exposure, viral marketing power, new followers, and recognition. The next step in hashtags should be the creation of an event I will name #FacebookFri. Inner Architect and deansguide will announce #FacebookFri with the intention of creating a new hashtag event with the same benefits and viral power of the fantastic #FollowFri.
#FacebookFri: How Does It Work?
Based on the same premise as #FollowFriday, #FacebookFri would provide Twitter users a day where they could recommend their favorite Facebook business pages to their Twitter following and other Twitter users:
- Day: obviously this would be a Friday hashtag event
- Tweet: include in your tweet the hashtag #FacebookFri
- Link: capture the url address of the Facebook page you wish to recommend and include it in your tweet
- Exposure: by naming your favorite Facebook pages you are providing exposure for that page
- Friendsourcing: friendsourcing, known by many other names, works like this: by naming your favorite Facebook pages you are providing your stamp of approval. Friends have a greater tendency to adopt other friend’s recommendations
- Links: when you recommend a Facebook page you are moving the link for that page into the Twitter stream of your followers and possible new followers
- Networking: #FacebookFri would help other Facebook page owners meet their peers, connect, network, and form possible alliances
- Lead Generation: #FacebookFri would be a prime activity to generate more traffic to your Facebook page enhancing the possibility of new leads for a business owner
- Competing on the same day as the well established #FollowFri
- Initial adoption of this event to an eventual tipping point and standard operating procedure status