[picapp align=”right” wrap=”true” link=”term=Online+shopping&iid=182154″ src=”0178/884037cf-3988-4c36-951d-afac44355357.jpg?adImageId=10074060&imageId=182154″ width=”234″ height=”351″ /]
For the thousands, formerly millions, of people who still believe that online Web based sales and marketing channels are simply fad the following list is a beginner’s outline of today’s customer and consumer. This is not a warning, that ship has already sailed, but instead it is a description of your prospects and consumers.
Buying Habits and Business Habits
- They have been slow to adopt social networks but are currently experimenting
- They will not be doing business the same way it’s been done in the past
- They will abandon traditional advertising channels of print newspapers and magazines
- They will not buy large consumer items, business supplies, or goods via the old traditional channels
- They will not invest monies in the same traditional channels
Where Are They and What Are They Doing?
- They are online. Checking out your website – and your competitor’s website
- They are networking and socializing online- telling everyone what’s happening in their world and the world
- They are messaging on Twitter, messaging on Facebook, networking on Linkedin and being heard
- They are blogging about their experiences with you or your business, for the world to read
- They are Vlogging on Youtube
- They use Google and threw out the Yellow Pages
- They use mobile devices, text, and read Yelp reviews
- They use WiFi connections when not using their mobile devices to stay connected
Are You Ready For Them?
- If you do not have an active Facebook page for your business
- If you do not understand and utilize Twitter
- If you do not blog or understand this publishing platform
- If you use old traditional print and media channels to chase your clients
- If you think this is all going away and back to what you have done
- If you think you can get by without participating
You are not ready?