Some people, even if we have never met them, seem to be people we could be friends with if we had the opportunity. Martin Luther King Jr. is just such a man. If I could have any 3 people at a table for dinner, Dr. King would get one of my seats.
Martin Luther King, a doctor, a pastor, a leader, a man of passionate idealism and faith. Where ever you are in the world today, try to remember what once was- a man bridging the gap of social injustice while setting an example of non violent resistance. If words are the pillars to our actions, then Dr. King built a castle to freedom.
Remember What Made Him Great
- “All men are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality.“
- “Faith is taking the first step, even when you don’t see the whole staircase.“
- “Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.“
- “Let no man pull you low enough to hate him.“
- “Segregation is the adultery of an illicit intercourse between injustice and immorality.“
- “We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.“
- “When you are right you cannot be too radical; when you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative.“
- “All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face with another problem.“
- “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.“
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.“
The next step in Twitter research is to create Twitter research groups. This groups could be within one company, entrepreneurs who wish to expand their “reach”, or BNI type referral groups
Types of Twitter Research Groups
- Companies: multiple work groups can utlize twitter together to accumulate research
- Entrepreneurs: small businesses and one off entrepreneurs can form research groups thus emulating research departments seen in large corporations
- BNI-Referral Groups: groups of people who share leads or provide referrals could form a research group on Twitter with
Benefits of Twitter Research Groups
- Expand: expand your reach and ability to find information
- Accumulate: accumulate more data with more people involved in your group
- Filter: listen to your group members for evaluations on data accumulated
- Perspective: data accumulated will likely include data you would not necessarily chose due to your own bias or lack of experience
- Network: your group can begin to network within Twitter looking to add new group members with new perspectives that help solidify your growth on Twitter- strengthening your Twitter network
My kind publishers at Blogburst have helped me move my content into the mainstream through their connection to mass media. As a content provider for Blogburst, my articles have been published by such media luminaries as Reuters.com, FoxNews.com, Nielsen.com, ComputerShopper.com, the Chicago Sun-Times and newsgroup, Ziff Davis Enterprise, IBS.com, and Chefs.com. The following is a three pack of Twitter articles published in the mass media
3 Twitter Strategy Articles Published in the Mass Media
1. Chicago Sun-Times and Post Tribune 3-24-09 ” Twitter Strategies and Tips For Beginning ‘Twitterers’ “
2. ComputerShopper 11-23-09 Twitter Strategies: 3 Steps To Avoid Being Mistaken As A Spammer
3. ComputerShopper 12-30-09 Twitter Strategies: Twitter Jargon In Plain English
Before you begin building your social media marketing platform, you must answer 5 key questions or run the risk of failure before launch. If you have an under performing social media marketing plan and need help, the next step is to consider a review of the 5 key components to measure your plan’s effectiveness and value.
Inner Architect , Susan Hanshaw and Dean Guadagni, help companies with under performing social media marketing programs reposition themselves for greater results. Inner Architect helps companies that wish to launch a social media marketing plan, but don’t know where to start, build the right tools to achieve the company goals.
5 Questions About Your Social Media Plan
- Have you adopted the right tools to effectively leverage social media as a marketing channel?
- Are you participating in the social networks that best reach your target audience?
- Do you know what to say in your messages?
- Do you have an effective contact strategy?
- Can you measure your efforts?
5 Components of Social Media Diagnostic
- Social media overview: Analytical review of your social media presence
- Profile analysis: Reports how well your profile is strategically positioned to maximize and attract opportunities
- Diagnostic overview: Review to insure all your social media sites include your links, links are interconnected, and all your sites are pointing links to and from one another
- Marketing analysis: Insuring that you understand how to send your blog article links, leave links in comment sections of blogs, and how to move your value message forward in a strategically targeted method
- Traffic analysis: Insure your sites are open to traffic, check availability of widgets and their usage, and analyze your networking efforts within each social media site
If your company can not answer any or a majority of these questions then it is time for a social media marketing diagnostic. Before you begin investing time-money-manpower-effort into this vital strategy get more information on how to get started.
Part 3 in our series on mobile Web marketing strategies
As we have learned from Jon Cooper CMO of PhindMe Mobile, a mobile Web strategy is one of the most important marketing trends of 2010. Once you have launched your mobile Web strategy, the next step is to formulate your promotional marketing campaigns using your new technology.
4 Tips To Creating Mobile Web Marketing Campaigns
- Opt-In Database: begin building your list of cell phone numbers by “providing your target audience with multiple opportunities to register to be on your text messaging list.” Place signs in your brick n mortar stores, on your website or blog, and in advertisements that inform your audience of your mobile Web presence
- Incentive to Join: create an incentive for your audience to join your opt-in list. Exclusive information, deals, discounts, or events can be part of the incentives to join or sign-up
- Exclusive Offers Alert: create exclusive offers for your text message list members. These offers could include “secret events”, previews, or sales. Then alert your members to be on the lookout for upcoming events
- Word of Mouth: motivate your list members to forward your exclusive offer links to their friends in order to prospect for new list members and viral market your mobile website