Your Favorites section is the library-repository for your research on Twitter–and so much more. In what is going to be a very important strategy moving forward, the Favorites section will have multiple benefits not yet realized.
The next step in a Favorites’ strategy is to “mine” liked minded peers, industry professionals, or competitor’s Favorites section.
Benefits of “Mining” Twitter Favorites
- Discovery: find links for your research from people or companies you respect
- Due Diligence: review your competitor’s Favorites section to understand what they find important, strategy, and future direction
- Audience: mine your consumers-audience to understand what they are saying, if anything, about you. Look for information about your competition, their buying habits, likes, possible dislikes
- Who is Who: find out who your competitors consider important and who they receive their research information from on Twitter
- Following Targets: mine your competitors Favorites section to find new Twitterers to follow for research
- Prospecting: mine the Favorites section looking for your competitor’s prospects or customers
Mining the Favorites section of other Twitterers will be a multi-faceted beneficial strategy in 2010.