You are on Twitter, have a following, and are beginning to look to increase your audience. You provide solid content, content messaging that is value 65% of the time and “you” information the rest. You refuse to consider acquiring followers through the gain twitter follower schemes that litter the Twitter landscape like so many wrecked cars in a junk yard.
Now is the time to try Twitter “link baiting.” Simply use keywords in your tweets to attract the followers you want to attract.
Keyword Your Tweets: Keyword “Link Bait”
- Keyword List: create a keyword list that will attract the types of followers you want following you
- Keyword Tweets: tweet messages with one or multiple keywords buried within the message
- Regional Tweets: if you are looking for geographic location followers try tweeting with a city, town, neighborhood keyword
- Describe: be creative when compiling your keyword list- include words that your prospective followers use to describe their business, needs, products, or services
- Search: once you have a follower who you identified came from a “keyword link bait” tweet, perform a Twitter search looking for other prospective followers