There are numerous mistakes being made by huge corporations, small businesses, and one off entrepreneurs while launching their Twitter account. One of the worst mistakes being made gives the appearance that you are a spamming, MLM, or affiliate marketer concerned with hard selling your products.
5 Tips To Avoiding Being Perceived As A Spammer On Twitter
- Follow to Follower Ratio: Do NOT begin your account on Twitter by following hundreds of people-companies or you will be perceived as a MLM, affiliate marketing spammer. This condition is called “Being upside down”
- Follow Recipricols: Begin by following companies or people who almost automatically will follow you in return. Ex- GuyKawasaki usually follows everyone, Pat Kitano, or me deansguide
- Build Slowly: Monitor your “ratios” for the first 100- try to keep it at a 1-1 ratio of followers to those you follow
- Listings-Sales Messaging: Do NOT simply run tweets filled with listings or sales pitches for you or your properties. B-O-R-I-N-G and the fastest way to lose an audience
- Messaging Content: Just like on a blog, concentrate on tweeting about your region, city, town, community, neighborhood, politics, schools, events, restaurants, construction and any hyper local news that will make you the go-to source for your area