Computer Shopper published this deansguide article 8-14-2009
Social media strategies often ignore one of the most important aspects of networking to produce leads: hobbies. Your hobby or passion can produce leads and new networking connections if you understand how to leverage Web 2.0 Social Media site. As a new fan to photography, equipped with a real camera, I am about to begin a life long desire to produce quality pictures. I am going to do both black and white and color shots concentrating on the beauty of Northern California. My social media tool of choice will be Flickr.com the photo sharing social network.
Social Niche Networking: Hobbyist
1. Make a list of your hobbies
2. Choose one hobby that you would like to write about for a community
3. Choose the right Social Media site for you
4. Provide articles, photos, podcasts, or video that communicates within the community
5. Link your work on this site to your blog, website, and your profiles around the Social Media System
Many times we connect through liked minded beliefs, hobbies, and interests. These efforts can lead to a business relationship as people begin to become more comfortable with new friends and the different ways to connect.