Blogburst.com is a blog content syndication service that helps bloggers create more exposure for their blogs, helps legitimize their writing, and it provides the opportunity for mass media awareness of your message. You have to be chosen for membership into blogburst; I am happy that I was lucky enough for selection.
Recognition and Reality
The graphic above is a screenshot of my blogburst dashboard which shows my Top 10 Publishers for the Past 60 Days. The real takeaways to consider:
- I am not part of the mass media in the traditional sense
- I want to be recognized by the traditional mass media
- I want to partner with the traditional mass media
- I want the traditional mass media to survive with my help
- I would like the traditional mass media to embrace bloggers
- I want the traditional mass media to embrace the paradigm shift to Internet as Platform
- I would like the traditional mass media to embrace my friends, colleagues, and partners in the blogosphere
Wall Street Journal: Pen Envy?
For all of the page views, click throughs, comments, accolades, brush back sniper shots, and brushes with fame, I would trade them all for the chance to appear in the Wall Street Journal. The WSJ to me is the Yankee Stadium, the Gawden, and the Golden Dome in Indiana icon of all mass media outlets. I have my 1 (one) page view for an article that never provided me with a link–just a nice visual