FoxBusiness.com published this deansguide article 2-18-09
The focus of every entrepreneur and job seeker should begin and end with the concept that in today’s world you must become a go-to source of information for your target audience. If you provide valuable information, provide it continuously, and provide that information without asking for anything in return you will be very successful. The first step to becoming a go to source of information? Utilize Linkedin.com to it’s fullest capabilities.
Tip #1 Utilizing Box.net Application
Box.net is a free application that you can load onto your Linkedin profile. The application allows you to upload pdf files, videos, articles, or links into one neat storage area. Your files are then made available to anyone interested in accessing them.
Strategy of a Go-To Source of Information
The idea is for entrepreneurs and job seekers to give valuable information while they build their network. By creating your mini resource library on Linkedin, utilizing Box.net application, you will do the following for your career:
- Establish your networking presence online
- Attract new networking partners due to the fresh information you provide
- Help others with challenges in their business
- Create a reason for people to view your profile by giving value first
- Utilize “What are you doing now” message to alert your network of new content you will share
- Create opportunities for exposure, stay top of mind, with Linkedin updates every time you add to your application(s)
- Drop the url to your profile in comment sections on blogs inviting people to download the free valuable information in your Box.net library
- Increase traffic to your profile
These are just a handful of the benefits that the Box.net application will provide you and your network in your strategy to become a go-to source of information. Linkedin is the key vehicle to drive your message. It is up to you to find the resources of value and deliver.