FoxBusiness.com published this deansguide article October 17, 2008
Today’s Realtor faces challenges from a suffering economy, unavailability of credit, changing political landscape, and an overall public perception that “all is not well.” In the most competitive times in recent history for agents, it is of the utmost importance that a Realtor make the most of every single opportunity. A large number of opportunities are born out of obstacles or challenges within the real estate transaction.
10 Steps to Handling Problems
1. Acknowledge Dissatisfaction and agree with the complaint if it is valid
2. Apologize for the problems leading to dissatisfaction
3. Ask Permission to revisit and outline the series of events leading to the disatisfaction
4. Acknowlege Responsibility for the actions leading to disatsifaction if it is valid
5. Provide Multiple Scenario solutions to the problem at hand
6. Ask Your Client if they have an alternative solution you did not name
7. Make Certain that the client has chosen a solution that meets their expectations
8. Outline a Schedule for the actions and the completion of the “fix”
9. Keep Client Informed by providing reports during the process of rectifying the situation
10. Upon Completion ask and obtain an agreement, verbal, that the client is satisfied with the solutions provided and everything involved with the “fix” upon completion
If you follow these 10 tips you will avoid the nasty fall out from “reverse viral marketing” where a dissatisfied client tells many friends, associates, and anyone who will listen their “perception” of your poor performance.