Communicate your need.
State your goals.
Improve your networking skills.
eXchange Job leads.
Tuesday September 30 I will be facilitating a workshop “How to Market Yourself Through Networking” for CSIX Connect employment group at the iRestaurant in Cupertino, CA. The meeting begins at 10:30 and runs until 1:00. The admission is $12 which includes a wonderful lunch, networking opportunities with a group of experienced and expert Silicon Valley job seekers, and information on real world networking.
For my friends and the friends I have just not met yet on Active Rain: If you like this workshop or any of the individual subjects covered, I am more than willing to provide links. If you have questions please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at (415) 410-7524
The Program Will Cover
Definition What does Networking Mean?
1. The #1 Biggest Mistake in Networking: The Hard Sell
2. The #1 Method For Networking Success: Giving
3. The 5 Benefits of Giving: Referrals, Relationships, Evangelists for you, Reference Point, Mentor
4. Exercise: The “Give” How to identify your value give aways and outline a plan on how and where to deliver this value
5. 8 Tips to Engage: How to Make a Connection
6. Listening Is a Skill That Requires Strategy
7. Procrastination: 5 Tips to Help You Follow Through
8. 10 Reasons Why You Should Maintain An Ongoing Networking Campaign During Your Career
9. Etiquette Do’s and Don’ts of Networking
10. The Secret of Networking Success: Get Your Connections to Benefit First
11. 5 Tips to Branding “You”
This program is designed to be a two hour program. I am going to blast through this program in one hour with the promise of providing more information to those people interested.
If you are interested in this information, consider the fact that I have written about every subject here on Active Rain on this blog. You can simply go back and “mine” my archive of posts to find ea article that matches the subject matter. If I can be of assistence, please do not hesitate to contact me!