What does Linkedin really mean to you and your business? According to Linkedin the following:
1. Control Your Professional Brand- show case skills and talents via your profile and Answer section
2. Network and Reconnect- 24 million members strong, an excuse to call on an old friend or business connection
3. Share Your Knowledge- and Expertise: allows you to show case your talents, gain exposure, or find answers
4. Receive Opportunities- it could be a job offer, consulting assignment, or appearance opportunity
What Is Linkedin?
LinkedIn “is the world’s largest professional network with over 24 million members and growing rapidly. LinkedIn helps you exchange knowledge, ideas, and opportunities with your trusted contacts.”
Why Is Linkedin Fun?
Linkedin is to business what baseball cards were to my childhood; collecting of statistics. Stats include:
1. Your Connections
2. Total Connections from Your network
3. New People in your network
What Makes Linkedin Serious Business?
All the ways to connect and utilize this tool for so many different people and tasks
1. New Users Guide Users manual with powerful strategies
2. Job Seekers Tips for landing a dream job along with ideas on how to market and brand “you”
3. Entrepreneurs: tap into experienced professionals and answer critical questions
4. Attorneys: Manage reputation, demonstrate knowledge and expertise, create client base
5. Business Development: Foster partnerships, look for opportunities, find new channels
6. Consultants: Demonstrate expertise while building your business
7. Journalists: Resources to news and inside information a vast resource for writers
8. Non Profits: Bring awareness of your cause and find the right resources
9. Venture Capital: Opportunities and Ideas come to you with connectivity