FoxBusiness.com published this deansguide article July 25, 2008
Google’s Adwords “Keyword Tool” is one of the cool relatively new tools you can utilize when formulating your keywords, keyphrases, and longtail search terms. A simple tool to utilize, Keyword Tool is like having a brainstorming session or idea think tank consulting firm at your finger tips.
The Cool Features: How Would You Like To Generate Your Keywords?
1. Option #1: Descriptive words or phrases; choose this option when searching for keywords like “green tea”
2. Option #2: Website content: choose this option to find website keywords like http://www.deansguide.wordpress.com
Pick Your Language
Mind boggling extensive list of languages from Urdu and Togalog to English and Slovak; and countries from Burkina Faso and Burundi to Yemen and Zimbabwe give anyone globally the opportunity to hone in on their keyword targeting
The Numbers: Actual Figures For Search Terms
Google now returns for your keyword query the following categories of information:
Our keyword search was “San Rafael real estate”
1. Advertiser Competition shows a bar graph for competitiveness for each keyword
2. Approximate Search Volume for the month (June) 9,900 searches
3. Approximate Average Search Volume per month 8,100 searches
4. Keywords Related to your search terms, their strength of advertiser competition and all realted numbers
5. Additional Keywords To Consider gives you closely related keywords and keyword phrases further adding to your research
1. Searchenginepeople.com ,a fantastic resource site, Paul authored the following review:
“Simply type in your keyword and you can see a long list of related keywords with approximate search volumes for those keywords as well! You can even customize the results with this tool: everything from the location (country) of your keyword results to finding out which month had the highest search volumes.
“In short, the tool rocks and it instantly makes keyword research way easier and much more efficient!”
2. SEO Revolutions’ Jerry West:
“In short, Google’s update to their Keyword Tool will SIGNIFICANTLY improve your keyword research ability. Review how in just four minutes with the screen shots, commentary and (steps in post) test results