Ed Okun and accomplice Lara Coleman, somebody the mystery caller mentioned months ago as “going down”, face a 27 count indictment as handed down and reported by Gerald McHale this past week. The indictment laundry list of counts:
1. Wire and Mail Fraud Conspiracy: Count 1
2. Money Laundering Conspiracy: Count 2
3. Wire Fraud: Counts: 3-15 (1343)
4. Mail Fraud: Counts: 16-18 (1341)
5. Money Laundering: Counts 19-21 18 USC & (1956 (a) (1) (A) (i))
6. Money Laundering: Count 22 18 USC & (1956 (a) (1) (B) (i))
7. Money Laundering: Counts 23-25 USC & (1957)
8. Bulk Cash Smuggling: Count 26 31 USC & 5332
9. False Declaration: 18 USC & 1623
In the face of this indictment, the fact reported by Mark Heschmeyer that one of his buildings (Shreveport) has natural gas deposits valued at $30-60million-something he can’t touch, and the possible collapse of his marriage and network of friends, it is rumored that Ed Okun has been placed on suicide watch.
Here is one of the only pictures available on the internet of Ed Okun (far right) during a press conference announcing the sponsorship agreement with Foyt Racing. Photo courtesy of Foyt Racing.
Note: This conference was in 2006 long before it was public news that Ed Okun’s wealth was derived from the ponzi scheme known as 1031 Tax Group and affiliates: