One of the best blogs for SEO is written by a Canadian company called Search Engine People. Consequently when I opened my subscription feed to searchenginepeople.com/blog today, I was surprised and very please with their gigantic SEO article “One Week of Sphinn SEO Lessons” by writer Ruud Hein.
This article is so vast and expansive I am going to break it down into smaller modules so that you can consider the importance of the library of content Ruud has provided. The first module is SEO Basics for the anyone looking to understand the definition, strategies, and tools that search engine optimization brings to your marketing promotional efforts. This first module contains 17 links to information critical to your Web 2.0 efforts:
The SEO Basics
- What Is The Definition Of SEO?
- SEO Guide for Designers
- How to Increase Relevance using Consistent Naming Conventions, Tags, Site Architecture and Links
- Optimizing Image Tag Alt Attributes: Good Use and Abuse
- Meta tags DO matter — get it right for a change
- Top Search Engine Ranking Factors for Google
- Five Steps to Better Search Rankings
- Can My Site Rank Well on all Four Major Engines?
- How to get your site into Google News
- Subdomain or Directory – Which is Better for SEO?
- Local Search Engine Optimization & Small Business
- With SEO, Time and Authority are on Your Side!
- From Google: Design for accessible, crawlable and indexable content
- Avoid Extreme Makeovers During the Optimization Process
- How to Increase Engagement and Authority With Quotations
- Google on Spam: Best 10 Minute SEO Video Ever Made
- Gaining Google’s Trust – Why Google Says No to Strangers