If Realtors are wondering where the wealth is these days they look no further than CNNMoney.com Jeff Cox’s article “Best Places To Live: 25 top-earning towns.” Residents of these towns have the highest median household incomes in the country. If there is ever a hit list this is it.
The San Francisco Bay Area scores high with Hillsborough (Mid Penisula), Los Altos Hills (Silicon Valley), and Blackhawk (East Bay) reflecting the better than average economic conditions for this area.
Top 10-Earning Towns In America
1. Hillsborough, CA Median Income $263,456
2. Scarsdale, NY Median Income $219,317
3. Los Altos Hills, CA Median Income $199,370
4. Winnetka, IL Median Income $195,879
5. Chappaqua, NY Median Income $189,741
6. Glencoe, IL Median Income $187,043
7. Blackhawk-Camino Tassajara, CA Median Income $185,354
8. Great Falls, VA Median income $181,318
9. Weston, MA Median Income $180,549
10. Travilah, MD Median income $177,477