FoxBusiness.com published this article March 6, 2008
In the slow marathon that the 1031 Tax Group case against Ed Okun has become, it is ease to lose sight of where everyone stands. As a reminder, the following is information from the US Bankruptcy Trustee Jerry McHale’s website trustee1031TaxGroup.com. Although this information has been available to the public, for months in some cases, it serves as a reminder of contact information, links, and goings on within the case.
1. Jerry McHale Court appointed US Bankruptcy Trustee
email@example.com; (239) 690.6497 and (239) 337.1178
2. United States Bankruptcy Court Southern District of New York (212) 668.2870
3. United States Trustee US Department of Justice (212) 510.0500 and (212) 668.2255
Important 1031 Tax Group Resources
1. News: This links gives the latest news on the case
2. Case History: Time line of events throughout the case
3. Court Documents: Extensive PDF files of proceedings if waded through are sure to make you angry
4. Schedules and Deadlines: Very important to understand and keep up to date even at this point in the proceedings
5. Trustee’s Newsletters: If you want to see what Mr. McHale is going through, and he is very good, check what he is doing
6. Vehicles For Sale: Aka “Toys for Sale” this is an extensive list, with conditions-mileage-details, of all of the available Okun toys for sale including luxury cars, jets, helicopters, jet skis you name it it’s here as well as what has been sold. A can’t miss list!
*Note to view the toys go to the pdf file “List of Vehicles For Sale”
The last and most interesting link, Frequently Asked Questions aka FAQ, contains the standard questions regarding recovery. The most intriguing questions were the last two:
11. “Many of the employees for Mr. Okun were not paid for the time they worked nor did they receive severance they were promised in writing. Is there any chance they will receive the money owed to them?”
A-“If you worked for any of the following entities which have filed bankruptcy petitions you may be entitled to file a claim in that case.” Go to the FAQ link for a list of the companies involved
12. What efforts is the Trustee undertaking to put Mr. Okun in jail?
A-“The Trustee deals only with civil matters related to the case. The US Postal Service and the United States Attorney’s Offic, both of whom deal with criminal matters, do have ongoing investigations and the Trustee is cooperating with those agencies with their investigations.”