The FEA the sole national trade organization in the 1031 Exchange industry has announced the itinerary for it’s Annual Conference held in Chicago Oct 4-7 according to PRPressNewswire.com. The conference is for Qualified Intermediaries and all 1031 Exchange industry professionals including legal and tax advisors. The theme of this year’s conference is “Preparing You to Go the Distance.” With the recent Ed Okun disaster and the Southwest failure fresh on consumer’s minds,”going the distance” appears to be the least of the problems facing the 1031 exchange industry.
The press release directs industry professionals to check with the FEA site for more information on the conference at: www.1031.org. The following is a description of the events at the conference and the benefits to attendees:
* Keynote speaker will be David Lereah, current Vice President of Move Inc and former chief economist of the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) will deliver the Conference Keynote.
Conference attendees can expect to receive the following benefits:
- The largest opportunity to network with individuals affiliated with the 1031 industry
- Educational sessions on a variety of topics for both experienced and new QIs
- Premier industry speakers
- Pertinent updates on all the major issues impacting the industry, including regulatory initiatives in several states
- Marketing workshop and “Exchange Basics” boot camp
- Bi-annual CES® Exam
Why the issue of industry regulatory initiatives is not emphasized more or the theme for this year’s conference can only be answered by event organizers. Suffice it to say, consumers around the country would like answers to the Okun like disasters that have occurred recently. The only way the industry will fully rebound and thrive is if a “standard of ethics and laws” is enacted. A industry certification system and laws with teeth would greatly reduce the number of unscrupulous incidents and restore consumer confidence.