ComputerShopper.com published this deansguide article 12-31-09
One quick, simple, and relevant Twitter strategy is to build lists. One of the easiest first steps is to build a list with all of your affiliates, parnters, or service providers. This list, much like a blog’s blogroll, allows people to see who you work with and what they do.
Tip: if all of your partner-affiliates establish Twitter accounts and build an Affiliate list with you on it, this will increase your “findability” and viral effectiveness.
Build An Affiliate List
- Showcase your affiliates
- Add value to your readers by giving them a one stop shop for service providers
- Market your affiliates to your network on Twitter by creating the Affiliates list
- Viral effectiveness is increased by the number of lists you are on; to get there you have to give first
- Links are created for each list once you have established a list
- Deliver your Affiliates list link to people you believe would benefit from your service providers by writing a tweet which includes the Affilate’s List link