Are you a beginning Twittering Realtor looking to connect but without a strategy? Have you gone off the deep end by following hundreds of people and companies and now find yourself in the unenviable position of being perceived as a spamming MLM sales person? Is nobody following you back because of your initial aggressive follow “strategy”? If you are in this situation there is hope and it starts with bringing your follow to follower ratio inline. Simply put you want to have a near 50-50 ratio between people you follow and people who follow you. A huge thank you to developer Dossi Shiobara for this fantastic tool.
Dossi’s tool is based on the Twitter premise that many people adhere to in their strategy: I will follow you if you follow me back. That is a reciprocal follow strategy for nothing more than an attempt at generating large follower numbers. Dossi’s Twitter Karma tool allows you to check to see who has followed you and most importantly remained a follower thus keeping your follow to follower ratio intact.
Twitter Karma: Clean Up Your Ratio
Twitter Karma aka dossy.org is simple to use Example:
- Green Arrows: you follow them
- Red Arrows: they follow you
- Time Stamp: key to knowing their Tweeting habits
- Batch Unfollow: you can check multiple accounts if you wish to do a batch unfollow
- Unfollow: many Twitterers follow then quickly unfollow within a few days. The idea behind this is to build recipricol followers and then unfollow to create more room in their ratios. When you find someone like this dump them immediately
- Due Diligence: sometimes you foget to follow somebody. If you missed one then immediately follow that person to correct the situation
- Tweeting Habits: you can tell, by looking at the time stamp, how often a person tweets. If they are not tweeting enough then they could be a candidate to unfollow
- Abandonment: according to many recent reports up to 70% of new Twitterers abandon their Twitter accounts within 60 days. This is inline with the idea that blogging, Twitter is a microblog, has a high attrition rate. If you find someone who has not tweeted in months it is time to clean up and unfollow them. It helps your ratios so you can follow somebody signficant to your efforts