One of the most effective methods to market listings, meet like minded professionals, search for affiliates, hear industry news-updates, and build last relationships is the Realtor Marketing Meeting. Here in the San Francisco Bay Area, most counties have at least one weekly meeting; with many counties having 2 or 3 participating associations that hold separate meetings.
In the last five years, I have attended hundreds of breakfast marketing meetings sponsored by Realtor Marketing Associations. My schedule was filled with four morning meetingsTuesday through Friday. After these meetings, the associations sponsored broker open house tours where we could caravan together and see upwards of 15 locations. It is a chance to network with other Realtors and see their properties.
My Favorite Meetings
1. Walnut Creek aka Contra Costa Association of Realtors: Tuesday mornings from 7:45 to 9:45. This is one of the most powerful meetings available with Realtors and affiliates coming from as far away as a 50 mile radius. The attendance level was 200-350. Many prominent Realtors, mortgage brokers, and independents attend this meeting faithfully. This meeting is held at the Concord Centre a old but huge meeting hall reminiscent of your high school auditorium.
2. Los Gatos aka Silicon Valley Association of Realtors: Wednesday mornings 8:00 to 9:30. This meeting is the best Association meeting in Silicon Valley (Penninsula) in my opinion. The power broker quotient is high with very prominent brokers and long time Realtor luminaries, like English royalty, dot the landscape. This meeting held at the Willow Street Pizza restaurant has, easily, the greatest breakfast spread of any meeting for only $5 and the most hilarious host in big Michael.
*Note: This meeting was where I received the tip, ahead of the press at the time, that the Ed Okun 1031 Tax Group scandal had just hit. 1031 Advance in San Jose had just closed it’s doors and my “contact” put me onto the story that day.
3. San Ramon aka Realtor’s Marketing Association: Thursday mornings from 8:30-9:45. This meeting is powerful like the Walnut Creek meeting but on a much smaller scale. Attendance runs between 50-85 but again there are a number of Real Estate broker owners, managers, and powerful agents. The beautiful people quotient at this meeting makes it look like a casting call from the 1980′s Dynasty series–fun people watching.
4. Pleasanton aka Valley Marketing Association: This meeting is held Fridays from 8:30-9:30 at Tommy T’s Comedy Club. The venue itself is special because it has a wonderful stage and the best tech gadgets for multi-media presentations. The attendance here is 80-150 with many luminaries coming from Livermore, Dublin, and farther outbound. Information is fresh and the speakers list in most cases is top shelf presenters. John Harper, he of theharperteam blog fame, is one of the long time attendees adding substance to this group. It is a fun meeting and a social event!
5. Fremont aka Tri-City Marketing Meeting: This meeting is held on Thursdays from 8:00-10:00 in a huge banquet room of the Golden Peacock Chinese restaurant a cavern of a space. The crowd is warm and diverse in cultural experiences. Attendance runs between 120-175 per meeting. One of the greatest drawings aka lottos of any meeting, I won the number in one meeting and walked out with $175. This is a more difficult meeting to break into as many Realtors and affiliates are long time partners and have their own cliques.