Realtors, businesses, entrepreneurs, and consultants are still asking the question: Why should I have a Twitter account? Many cite the fact that Twitter has an abandonment rate of 70% after a 60 period. Others hold onto the idea that Twitter will go away soon-why waste the time?
I have news for you if you are in either one of those camps:
- Twitter is not going anywhere
- Your competitors are using it and beating you to your prospects
Why Should I Have A Twitter Account:
- Broadcasting: Twitter is the fastest social network to Broadcast information
- Delivering Links: assuming you have a blog, you do have a blog right? Twitter allows you to deliver links (blog articles etc.) to your strategically targeted following
- Targeting: done right, you can strategically attract the followers you wish to attract
- Lead Gen: how many of you are paying for your leads? STOP! Twitter can provide you leads if strategically leveraged
- Reputation Management: Twitter is a tool that allows you to deliver information- in some cases you can use it to correct erroneous information or fight an unfair review on Yelp or any other review site
- Networking: meet your peers, business people, or prospect by creating the right Twitter strategy
- Perception: how often do we see Realtors who have a photo that is 10+ years old in an attempt to appear as young as possible to prospective clients? It happens ALL the time. Instead if Realtors use Twitter they will be perceived as Internet and social networking savvy. Lower your age perception by using cutting edge technologies or strategies
This may seem harsh but it’s reality: if you don’t stop wasting time with excuses about not adopting social media, you will be too far behind to catch up. Newspapers are going out of business, real estate magazines are almost gone, advertising in the traditional way NO LONGER resonates with today’s savvy home shopper and seller.
Wake up to the fact that social networking is not the “new fangled” I don’t have to do this fad- it’s the evolution and reality you (and I) all face in today’s world