Courtesy Twitter Wiki
Do you understand how to use Twitter’s #FollowFriday hashtag event? There are many strategies involved before beginning your Twitter account and many once you have started. One of the best Twitter strategies is to participate in what is called #FollowFriday.
What is #FollowFriday?
#FollowFriday is a hastag group event that happens every Friday. The mission of #FollowFriday is to help people discover new Twitterers to follow. It is not only a rather social event but it is also a strategic tool.
Benefits of #FollowFriday
- Testimonials: by asking people to follow your follower(s) you are providing them with a testimonial
- Value: you add value to your network by making people aware of valuable resources (other Twitterers)
- Networking: by providing a #FollowFriday recognition for someone you are opening the lines of communcation for others to thank you, contact you for information, or ask you a question
#1 #FollowFriday Tip
If you want to get noticed, provide the best value for your network, and create a new stream of followers for you:
- Do NOT do this- .@deansguide .@susanhanshaw .@innerarchitect #Followfriday. This is lame and does NOT give anyone a reason to follow these people
- DO THIS: “If u want great soc media info #Followfriday .@deansguide .@susanhanshaw .@innerarchitect” Simply put, you want to write a short description about why people should follow your friends. Give them a reason and be creative. This is like writing ad copy for the very short attention span person.