September 10, 2009 Gerald McHale, US Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Trustee, lead a conference call Q & A session for the purpose of providing “a forum for creditors and victims alike to ask any questions they may have had related to the Bankruptcy and also to the Class Action litigation against Ed Okun and his 1031 Tax Group.” With the way the victims have been victimized they might as well have scheduled this call for September 11th as a 9-1-1 call seems to mirror the entire case.
Conference Call Speakers
The following people connect to this case were invited to answer questions from the victims:
Participating in the call as speakers were:
- Gerard “Jerry” McHale, Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Trustee
- Jonathan Flaxer of Golenbock, Eiseman, who represents the Trustee
- Jacqueline Veit of Golenbock, Eiseman, who, with Michael Devorkin, serve as chief litigators for the Trustee
- John Sordillo of Deloitte, who served as Forensic Accountants and Real Estate Advisors for the Estate
- Robert “Rusty” Brace, who is the lead counsel in the Class Action litigation (no information available)
- Mark Felger of Cozen, O’Conner who acts as counsel for the Creditors’ Committee
Mission of the Call: McHale’s Statement
“We hope this call answered your questions you may have had regarding the Plan and future events related to the ongoing administration of the Liquidating Trust after the confirmation of the Plan.”
A call to action for the people involved with this call:
- Did the call help your understanding of circumstances surrounding your efforts to collect your monies?
- Were you satisfied with the format of the conference call?
- Did you feel you were given the opportunity to express your concerns or opinions?
- Are the results of this call confidential information or do you have the ability to express your opinions publicly?